Get In On The “Conversation”
The Age of Conversation, that is…
I’m excited to share with you that The Age of Conversation: Why Don’t They Get It – the new marketing book written by 237 writers, marketers, and business people (including me) from 15 countries – goes on sale tomorrow, October 28, 2008. You can get the book in three ways… an ebook, hardcover, and softcover.
I would summarize the book like so…
We’re in an age where the digitally-connected individual consumer, (using a free blog site, for example), can affect purchase decisions as much a multi-million dollar ad campaign. It is less about mass communication, and more about individual conversation… The Age of Conversation… and what is taking place between consumers, companies, agencies and brands to foster this communication?
Not only does the book provide a plethora of perspective on contemporary marketing, but also… all proceeds (less production cost) are being donated to Variety, the children’s charity.
Great book. Great cause.
Each writers selected a topic from the below list, providing our thoughts, insights, and expertise on the topic.
- Manifestos – The Age of Conversation. Why don’t people get it? Where are things going?
- Keeping Secrets in the Age of Conversation – With everyone talking so much, what is the role of privacy? Do consumers understand that their online conversations are tracked and can come back to haunt them?
- Moving from Conversation to Action – Talk is cheap, (or so they say). How can businesses and brands move from conversation to something more valuable to their business?
- The Accidental Marketer – What is the attraction to a career in marketing?
- A New Brand of Creative – What type of creative person does it take to communicate in the media of the 21st Century.
- My Marketing Tragedy – Brave writers share their not-so-successful projects and what they learned.
- Business Model Evolution – With markets and people changing, how has the business model between client and agency changed?
- Life in the Conversation Lane – How is life in a digitally connect world affecting the individual?
Charity Donation Breakdown
Here’s the breakdown of the donations being made to charity.
Here we are… If a link is shaded, you’ve probably been to their site before. If not, chances are you may have found your next favorite site.
C.C. Chapman, Cam Beck, Casper Willer, Cathleen Rittereiser, Cathryn Hrudicka, Cedric Giorgi, Charles Sipe, Chris Kieff, Chris Cree, Chris Wilson, Christina Kerley (CK), C.B. Whittemore, Chris Brown, Connie Bensen, Connie Reece, Corentin Monot, Craig Wilson,
Daniel Honigman, Dan Schawbel, Dan Sitter, Daria Radota Rasmussen, Darren Herman, Dave Davison, David Armano, David Berkowitz, David Koopmans, David Meerman Scott, David Petherick, David Reich, David Weinfeld, David Zinger, Deanna Gernert, Deborah Brown, Dennis Price, Derrick Kwa, Dino Demopoulos, Doug Haslam, Doug Meacham, Doug Mitchell, Douglas Hanna, Douglas Karr, Drew McLellan, Duane Brown, Dustin Jacobsen, Dylan Viner,
J. Erik Potter, James Gordon-Macintosh, Jamey Shiels, Jasmin Tragas, Jason Oke, Jay Ehret, Jeanne Dininni, Jeff De Cagna, Jeff Gwynne & Todd Cabral, Jeff Noble, Jeff Wallace, Jennifer Warwick, Jenny Meade, Jeremy Fuksa, Jeremy Heilpern, Jeroen Verkroost, Jessica Hagy, Joanna Young, Joe Pulizzi, John Herrington, John Moore, John Rosen, John Todor, Jon Burg, Jon Swanson, Jonathan Trenn, Jordan Behan, Julie Fleischer, Justin Foster,
Mario Vellandi, Mark Blair, Mark Earls, Mark Goren, Mark Hancock, Mark Lewis, Mark McGuinness, Matt Dickman, Matt J. McDonald, Matt Moore, Michael Karnjanaprakorn, Michelle Lamar, Mike Arauz, Mike McAllen, Mike Sansone, Mitch Joel,
Rachel Steiner, Reginald Adkins, Richard Huntington, Rishi Desai, Robert Hruzek, Roberta Rosenberg, Robyn McMaster, Roger von Oech, Rohit Bhargava, Ron Shevlin, Ryan Barrett, Ryan Karpeles, Ryan Rasmussen,
Sam Huleatt, Sandy Renshaw, Scott Goodson, Scott Monty, Scott Townsend, Scott White, Sean Howard, Sean Scott, Seni Thomas, Seth Gaffney, Shama Hyder, Sheila Scarborough, Sheryl Steadman, Simon Payn, Sonia Simone, Sreeraj Menon, Spike Jones, Stanley Johnson, Stephen Collins, Stephen Landau, Stephen Smith, Steve Bannister, Steve Hardy, Steve Portigal, Steve Roesler, Steven Verbruggen, Steve Woodruff, Sue Edworthy, Susan Bird, Susan Gunelius, Susan Heywood,
Tammy Lenski, Terrell Meek, Thomas Clifford, Thomas Knoll, Tim Brunelle, Tim Connor, Tim Jackson, Tim Mannveille, Tim Tyler, Timothy Johnson, Tinu Abayomi-Paul, Toby Bloomberg, Todd Andrlik, Troy Rutter, Troy Worman,