- Restate the problem or outcome as a series of “How To’s”; select the most promising one; ask: “In how many ways can we …?”.
- Each person is given six 5″x3” cards (or Post-it Notes): five white and one pink.
Ideas are written on the cards, one idea per card. The pink cards are for wacky and outrageous ideas.
- Group members announce what is written on their cards. Cards are clustered as themes emerge.
- The ideas presented (especially the “pink” ones) can be used to trigger further ideas.
- Colored stickers can then be Career Excursion used to score and prioritize ideas.