Creative Problem Solving To Be Innovative
Whenever we have a challenge – a client problem, trying to generate a new idea, developing strategy – we rely on the key steps below to solve our problem, creatively. We use this creative problem solving process to create ideas that we hope become an innovation.
- Stay Informed -Stay Informed of your own business, of your customers, of your industry, of your competitors.
- Problem Recognition – Problem Recognition is critical. It is the ability to notice that change is about to take place.
- Problem Identification – Once you realize you’ve got a problem the next step is to determine the cause of an issue. Identifying the root cause of a problem.
- Brainstorming – Idea generation. Thinking up new ideas.
- Decision Making – The process of reviewing all of the ideas generated and measuring them against the objectives of what you’re trying to solve.
- Plan Crafting – Writing your planned approach. This is the step where it all comes together.
- Be The Champion – Ideas – especially new or those perceived as risky – need champions. Ambassadors to share the benefits of testing and implementing.
- Implement – Implementation is where all the pre-work comes together and action is taken.
- Return to Stay Informed
The diagram below shows the key steps in the problem solving process. Click on a category to be linked to articles found on the Idea Sandbox website.
Creative Problem Solving
We think you’ll find this process helpful for your organization as well.